Ethics in Action: Ethics Video Contest
Challenging all Illinois NSSLHA University Chapters!
ISHA’s Ethics Education Committee is announcing the first-ever Ethics Video Contest.
What is the Ethics Video Contest?
Each Illinois NSSLHA University Chapter is invited to submit one video that responds to the following ethical prompt:
- Centered around an ethical dilemma that a novice audiologist or speech-language pathologist may face with the various social media platforms available, participants must adhere to the following criteria:
- Submit a maximum five-minute YouTube video that presents the ethical dilemma.
- Highlight how the ethical dilemma applies to the 2016 ASHA Code of Ethics.
- Include possible resolutions and/or recommendations for the specific ethical dilemma.
- Submissions may be created via any online platform to maintain social distancing.
Contest Winners and Prizes
- The winning NSSLHA Chapter submission will receive the following:
- A $100.00 prize, courtesy of ISHA
- A prize package that includes therapy materials for the university and more!
- Published recognition in the ISHA Voice
- All participating NSSLHA Chapters will receive a Certificate of Participation and recognition within the ISHA Voice.
Contest Rules and Procedures
- Each Illinois NSSLHA University Chapter is allowed to submit one video entry.
- Each participating Illinois NSSLHA University Chapter must complete and submit the contest submission form.
- There is no limit to how many students can be involved in the submission.
- Submissions must be original works created by each NSSLHA Chapter.
- Each NSSLHA Chapter will submit its YouTube video link and the contest submission form to ISHAethicscontest@gmail.com
- Video contest submissions are due by Friday, December 4th 2020 at noon CST.
- Each submission will be judged by a panel of ISHA members.
- Entries will be judged on their response to the ethical prompt, creativity, and incorporation/reference to the 2016 ASHA Code of Ethics.
- View the reviewer rubric here.
- Winners will be notified via email by February 1st, 2021.
- Please email ISHAethicscontest@gmail.com with any questions.
CLICK HERE to access the Ethics Video Contest submission form.