2021 Ethics in Action: Ethics Video Contest
Challenging all Illinois NSSLHA University Chapters!
ISHA’s Ethics Education Committee is announcing the 2021 Ethics Video Contest.
What is the Ethics Video Contest?
Each Illinois NSSLHA University Chapter is invited to submit one video that responds to the following ethical prompt:
- Create a video that highlights how the principles of equity and equality apply to the practice of audiology or speech-language pathology. The context may be broad or specific to a school-based, private clinic, or healthcare setting. Include how your example aligs with the ASHA Code of Ethics (ASHA, 2016). Your video may focus on any aspect(s) of our professional role.
- Submit a maximum eight-minute YouTube video that presents the ethical dilemma.
- Highlight how your example aligns to the 2016 ASHA Code of Ethics.
- Highlight the relationship between equity, equality, and the 2016 ASHA Code of Ethics.
- Submissions may be created via any online platform.
Contest Winners and Prizes
- The winning NSSLHA Chapter submission will receive the following:
- A $100.00 prize, courtesy of ISHA
- Published recognition in the ISHA Voice and other ISHA social media platforms.
- All participating NSSLHA Chapters will receive a Certificate of Participation and recognition within the ISHA Voice.
Contest Rules and Procedures
- Each Illinois NSSLHA University Chapter is allowed to submit one video entry.
- Each participating Illinois NSSLHA University Chapter must complete and submit the contest submission form.
- There is no limit to how many students can be involved in the submission.
- Submissions must be original works created by each NSSLHA Chapter.
- Each NSSLHA Chapter will submit its YouTube video link and the contest submission form to ISHAethicscontest@gmail.com
- Video contest submissions are due by Friday, December 3rd, 2021 at noon CST.
- Each submission will be judged by a panel of ISHA members.
- Entries will be judged on their response to the ethical prompt, creativity, and incorporation/reference to the 2016 ASHA Code of Ethics.
- View the reviewer rubric here.
- Winners will be announced during the Student Day at the 2022 ISHA Hybrid Convention (February 11th & 12th, 2022).
- Please email ISHAethicscontest@gmail.com with any questions.
CLICK HERE to access the Ethics Video Contest submission form.