ISHA's School Affairs Committee has compiled resources about speech-language pathologists (SLPs) and speech-language pathology assistants (SLPAs) that may be beneficial for school administrators.
- READ FIRST: ISHA Letter to Administrators
- Illinois Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology Practice Act
- ASHA's New Roles and Responsibilities for Speech-Language Pathologists in the Schools
- Comparison Requirement with National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS)
- A Letter to Superintendents regarding the value of SLPs who hold their ASHA CCCs
- Quick Reference Guide for Administrators, SLPs, SLPAs, and Audiologists in Illinois Schools-This document is being updated and will be available soon.
Eligibility and Workload Analysis
- Caseload versus Workload: A Comparison
- FAQs regarding Workload for Special Educators and Making Up Missed Sessions
- Illinois Administrative Coade 226.735: Workload for Special Educators
- Illinois Speech-Language Pathology Guide
- Section Two Only (Workload Analysis)
- Important Tips for Downloading, Entering Data Function, Saving, and Printing the Guide
- Responsibilities and Activities of SLPs and SLPAs