We Are All in This Together: Ensuring Ethical, Evidence-Based Practices Across Work Settings (jointly planned and offered by the Illinois Speech-Language-Hearing Association [ISHA] and ASHA Professional Development)
Did you know ISHA has partnered with ASHA Professional Development to offer a pre-conference workshop on July 18 – prior to the start of ASHA’s Connect conferences (July 19-21, Chicago, IL)?
This pre-conference workshop is a ticketed event, available for an additional fee during the registration process. The cost for the pre-conference workshop is $40 for Illinois residents and $80 for all other participants.
This session is for the in-person event only and is not available with Connect On-Demand.
The workshop is composed of a 1-hour opening session, a 1.5-hour block where participants can choose one of three breakout sessions targeted to a particular work setting, and a 30-minute final/wrap-up session. Use the links below for details on each of the sessions.
- Practical, Data-Driven Strategies for Person-Centered Care (opening session)
- Balancing the Evidence and the Barriers: Implementing Strategies for Evidence-Based Practice in Medical Settings (breakout session for those in health care settings)
- Fostering Ethical Collaborations Across the Continuum of Care (breakout session for those in private practice settings)
- Maintaining Ethical and Evidence-Based Practices in the School Setting (breakout session for those in school settings)
- Implementation of Evidence-Based Practices Across Work Settings: A Round Table Discussion (final/wrap-up session)
CE: 0.3 ASHA CEUs/3.0 PDHs
Make plans now to attend the workshop and hear from expert speakers, meet your peers, and get the essential tools you need to make a difference.
To further expand your skills, check out ASHA’s Connect conferences. Co-locating Schools Connect, Health Care Connect, and Private Practice Connect, ASHA Connect is the go-to event for SLPs from various work settings. By attending Connect, you can earn up to 1.75 ASHA CEUs, choose from 80+ expert-led sessions, meet 80+ helpful exhibitors, and network with 1,000+ SLP peers.