We are delighted by your interest in the Illinois Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ISHA). Should you decide to become a member, you will be joining thousands of specialists serving people with communicative disorders from across the state.
As a member of ISHA you will be able to:
- Network and develop lifelong associations with thousands of colleagues statewide
- Experience unique educational and professional opportunities
- Receive discounts at ISHA’s annual convention
- Earn CEUs required for licensure and certification(s) renewal
- Have a voice in developing state and national legislation and regulation
- Keep active and up to date in the state’s premier professional organization
ISHA’s membership year runs from September 1 through August 31. You may choose to join at any time during the membership year, however, your dues will NOT be prorated.
ISHA offers membership for the following categories:
Student Membership for individuals accepted and enrolled in undergraduate and/or graduate programs in speech-language pathology or audiology. Student Membership is $15.00 per membership year. Online Student Membership Application
Regular Membership for individuals who hold a graduate degree in the general area of speech-language pathology or audiology and are licensed to practice speech-language pathology or audiology in the state in which they provide service; Speech and Hearing Scientists, who may not be licensed in Illinois to practice, but may make contributions to the profession are also eligible for regular membership. These requirements may be waived during Clinical Fellowship Year and in special instances by recommendation of the Membership Committee and approval by a majority of the Executive Board. Regular Membership is $80.00 per membership year. Online Regular Membership Application
Affiliate Membership for individuals who are not eligible for Regular Membership and who possess an interest in human communicative processes and disorders. Affiliate Membership is $80.00 per membership year. Online Affiliate Membership Application
If you are viewing this information on a mobile device you may find that the online membership application process will work better if you use your desktop or laptop device instead.
If you prefer to join via paper application the links are below.If you are a former ISHA member and want to reinstate your membership you will need to complete and submit a paper membership application in order to complete this process:
Update on New ISHA Retired Membership Category and Criteria for Life Membership Changes
The ISHA Executive Board voted to establish Retired Member category, at their June 4, 2016 Executive Board Meeting, in order to align with ASHA and other associations throughout the country. This provides another level of membership and benefits not currently available to our members.
Retired Membership Category
Retired Membership is a category of membership in which the following criteria are met:
1. Documentation of a minimum age 65. As ISHA does not collect birthdates, applying members must produce proof of age e.g., Driver's License.
2. At least 25 years of consecutive ISHA membership immediately prior to application.
3. Must be retired from full time work, but may be working part-time.
4. Deadline to submit written request to the ISHA office at email@example.com for Retired Membership status is August 31st of each year to be considered for the current membership year. Any requests for Retired Membership status after August 31st will not be considered until the next membership year.
Benefits of Retired Membership
1. 50% reduction in annual Association dues
2. 50% reduction in annual convention registration fees (This does not include the cost of attending the luncheon)
In additionThe ISHA Executive Board voted to revise the criteria for Life Membership at their June 4, 2016 meeting. This action will not change the status or benefits of current life members of ISHA.
Life Membership as Approved
Life Membership for previously approved Life Members as of June 4, 2016 shall remain unchanged. A letter from the President explaining the changes and benefits of their previously approved Life Membership was sent out to each of them.
As of June 4, 2016 Life Membership will now become a category of membership in which the following criteria are met:
1. Life Membership is an Honor reserved for those recognized through repeated committed service to the Association.
2. Upon receiving ISHA’s most prestigious recognition of Honors of the Association, regardless of age or years of continuous membership in ISHA, members will automatically be considered Life Members.
3. Those members who have previously been bestowed Honors of the Association as of June 4, 2016 will automatically become Life Members.
Benefits of Life Membership
1. Free Association membership
2. Complimentary convention registration (This does not include the cost of attending the luncheon)
The Executive Board believes that these changes are essential for the successful future of the association and its members.