Continuing Education Requirements for IDFPR Licensure Renewals
updated August 17, 2023
A link to the law or rule related to each requirement is provided; scroll to the specific section(s) listed to read the requirement in its entirety.
- To renew a speech-language pathology or audiology license, a licensee is required to complete 20 hours of continuing education during each renewal cycle (Section 1465.85 Continuing Education section a, number 1)
- 1 hour in Ethics (Section 1465.85 Continuing Education number 6)
(20 ILCS 2105/Art. 2105 heading) ARTICLE 2105. DEPARTMENT OF PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
- Sexual Harassment Prevention Training (Section 2105-15.5 Continuing education; sexual harassment prevention training)
- 1 hour in Implicit Bias Awareness Training (Section 2105-15.7 Implicit bias awareness training)
- 1 hour in Dementia (Section 2105-365 Continuing education; Alzheimer's disease and other dementias)
**This requirement shall only apply to health care professionals who provide health care services to, and have direct patient interactions with, adult populations age 26 or older in the practice of their profession.
- 2 hours in Supervision (Section 8.8 Supervision of speech-language pathology assistants)
**This requirement relates to those that supervise speech-language pathology assistants. Licensee must complete at least 6 clock hours of training supervision related to speech-language pathology, and must complete at least 2 hours of continuing education in supervision related to speech-language pathology in each new licensing cycle after the completion of the initial training requirement.