Designing and Implementing Meaningful Treatment Plans
Participants will be able to:
- Define a systematic process for determining communication strengths and needs for the PLAAFP in an IEP.
- Identify how to map out needs on a visual framework to ensure appropriate goals and services/supports are defined for the student.
- Identify how to develop and use criterion referenced tests to measure progress on IEP goals, including the need for leveling of items for concrete communication skills.
- Identify how to develop and use rubrics to measure progress on IEP goals, including how to task analyze abstract communication skills.
- Identify common pitfalls in daily data collection during therapy sessions.
- Discuss ways to overcome obstacles faced in the school setting when supporting students with diverse language and learning needs.
- Identify ways to overcome obstacles faced in the school setting when supporting students with diverse language and learning needs.
- Differentiate how to use, supplement, or align therapy to classroom materials to improve a student’s access to curriculum.
- Explain tools that can be used to streamline lesson planning and data collection as well as enhance communication with teachers.
Presenters: Sarah Bevier, M.S. CCC-SLP and Lisa Kathman, M.S. CCC-SLP
Date: October 3, 2018
Location: NIU Rockford, 8500 East State Street, Rockford IL 61108, IL
Member cost: $65
Nonmember cost: $90
Registration can be completed at our website: https://nishla.wildapricot.org/
This program is offered for .6 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate level; Professional area)
An annual ASHA CE Registry fee is required to register ASHA CEUs. ASHA CE Registry fees are paid directly to ASHA