In Recognition: November 2023
- Barb Goodson, Past ISHA President, was honored at the 2023 ASHA Convention as an ASHA Fellow.
- Elissa Larkin, a 2023 Illinois Clinical Achievement Award winner, was honored at the 2023 ASHA Convention as the Louis M. DiCarlo Award for Recent Clinical Achievement.
- Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science recently received the Association of Schools Advancing Health Professions (ASAHP) Program of Merit Award from for Institutional Excellence and Innovation in Interprofessional Education and Collaborative Healthcare. This award was a national award.
- Dr. Meredith Baker-Rush was nominated and accepted the nomination to serve a two-year term on the board of the Association of Schools Advancing Health Professions (ASAHP) Interprofessional Committee.
- Kristin Chmela, owner and director of Chmela Communication Center, was chosen to be a part of the inaugural Tedx Arlington Heights panel of speakers. Her talk, Microtransitions Build Connections, is now available here.
- Robert M. Augustine, Past ISHA President, was recognized as the 2023 ASHA President.
Tena L. McNamara, Past ISHA President, was recognized as the 2023 ASHA President-Elect.
- Michelle Simler recieved the Distinguished Fellow Award from the SLP Academy of The National Academies of Practice.