Mentorship Steps to Success
1. Get Acquainted
- Ask questions.
- Share experiences.
- Discuss professional and personal information to create a strong bond.
2. Establish Expectations
- Outline mentor and mentee goals.
- Outline expectations for the relationship.
3. Create a Plan
- Determine frequency and modality of meeting.
- Determine ways to measure sucess.
- Determine preferred methods of communication/feedback.
4. Meet Consistently and Revise Plan
- Include activities for networking, learning, and bonding.
- Update the plan as needed to meet the transitioning needs of the Mentee/Mentor.
5. Reflect and Conclude Mentorship Program
- Discuss what has been learned throughout the mentorship.
- Provide feedback.
- Determine effective communication channels to stay in touch.