Jennine Harvey-Northrop, Chair
Angela M. Riccelli
The Telepractice Committee strives to educate members regarding the provision of telehealth services in the state of Illinois. The goal of the committee is to disseminate information related to practice guidelines, legal and ethical issues.
Telepractice Committee 2020-2021 Committee Goals
- Focus Area—Advocacy: To communicate at least annually with ASHA regarding telepractice issues, advocacy efforts and reimbursement for audiology and speech-language pathology services.
- Focus Area—Advocacy: To provide information to ISHA members on telepractice via newsletter, website, and social media 3 times per year.
- Focus Area—Advocacy: Advocate for Medicaid reimbursement for services provided via tele services. Illinois allows for the provision of teleservices in our practice act; however, Medicaid reimbursement for said services is not currently available.
- Focus Area—Professional Development/Continuing Education: To propose topics and/or speakers on issues related to telepractice for annual convention.
- Focus Area—Quality of Service: To provide information on technical and ethical standards, evidence based practice and improved outcomes, especially for underserved clients for services delivered by telepractice by submitting a session for ISHA annual conference.