2023-24 Leadership Development Program
Applications Now Open Through June 30, 2023: CLICK HERE TO APPLY!
Are you interested in volunteering for leadership positions, but feel like you don’t have the right skills? Have you been in positions of leadership, but felt like you didn’t quite know how to be effective? Would you like to learn how to be a better leader in both professional and volunteer roles? If so, ISHA has a new program developed with you in mind!
ISHA’s Leadership Development Program (LDP) is a seven-month curriculum designed to teach speech-language pathologists and audiologists to apply acquired knowledge and skills in future professional and volunteer leadership roles, while building a strong pipeline of future leaders for ISHA volunteer positions. These skills are also valuable when applied in the professional work setting. By the end of the LDP, participants will be able to develop goals for applying leadership knowledge and skills to professional and volunteer roles.
The program utilizes materials made available by ASHA for state associations through the Leadership Academy and Leadership Development Program Toolkit. Each month from September 2023 through February 2024, participants watch a one-hour webinar focused on a particular leadership topic on their own time. All members of the group meet in an online forum on the third Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m. (CT) to engage in a facilitated discussion on that month’s topic. Topics include Emotional Intelligence, Conflict Management, Influencing Others, and more.
Program Details and Requirements
- The program is provided at no cost.
- Applicants must agree to watch all pre-recorded webinars and participate in all live online facilitated discussions.
- Participants must be ISHA members.
- Participants meeting all graduation requirements will receive a certificate of completion at the conclusion of the program.
- Participants who wish to receive ASHA CEs must pay the applicable ASHA CE fees directly to ASHA for each webinar.
- Goal/Purpose: The purpose of ISHA’s LDP is to teach participants to apply acquired knowledge and skills in future professional and volunteer leadership roles while building a strong pipeline of future leaders for ISHA volunteer roles.
- Outcome: By the end of the LDP, participants will be able to develop goals for applying leadership knowledge and skills to professional and volunteer roles.
Expectations: Participants are expected to complete all of the following expectations to receive a certificate of graduation:
- View all pre-recorded webinars
- Attend all facilitated discussions, kick-off, and graduation
- Participate in facilitated discussions
- Complete monthly evaluations of the program
- Maintain a Leadership Reflection Journal throughout the program
- Share how you will use the skills learned in the LDP to volunteer in ISHA.
*In the rare occasion that a participant is not able to attend a facilitated discussion, the participant will be allowed to make up the content for that topic within two weeks of the original date by submitting written responses to the discussion questions in the handout and participating in a 10-15 minute phone discussion with a facilitator regarding the material.
- September 12, 2023: Kickoff Meeting (Second Tuesday)
- September 19, 2023: Introduction to Leadership
- October 17, 2023: Emotional Intelligence
- November 21, 2023: Conflict Management
- December 19, 2023: High-Performing Teams
- January 16, 2024: Influencing Others
- February 20, 2024: Managing Your Leadership Career
- March 19, 2024: Graduation Ceremony
Practitioners in all stages of their career and from all settings are encouraged to apply. The application deadline is June 30, 2023, and space is limited! For more information, contact Kim Peppler at email@example.com.
Interested in applying for 2023-2024 LDP? APPLY HERE!