Introduction to Ethics
The Illinois Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology Practice Act now requires the completion of continuing education in the area of ethics. This one hour requirement must be met starting with the 2019 renewal cycle.
In response to this requirement, ISHA has produced a one hour video designed to highlight principles and strategies necessary to make ethical decisions. Presenters apply ASHA Code Of Ethics and a decision making model to navigate four ethical dilemmas. Resources and support to facilitate resolving ethical dilemmas is provided.
If you have not paid your 2021-2022 ISHA membership dues you will be charged $35.00 for the Ethics video (Non-Member Price). If you would like to receive the video for free, you must log in and pay your 2021-2022 ISHA membership dues.
- Distinguish key principles and strategies related to ethical decision making.
- Apply the principles and rules of the current ASHA Code of Ethics to navigate ethical dilemmas.
- Identify resources and support to facilitate resolving ethical dilemmas.
This course is offered for .1 ASHA CEUs (related area, introductory level).
View presenter disclosures, HERE.
- Offering 022 - January 1 through January 31, 2022
- Offering 023 - February 1 through February 28, 2022
- Offering 024 - March 1 through March 31, 2022
- Offering 025 - April 1 through April 30, 2022
- Offering 026 - June 1 through June 30, 2022
- Offering 027 - July 1 through July 31, 2022
- Offering 028 - August 1 through August 31, 2022
- Offering 029 - September 1 through September 30, 2022
- Offering 030 - October 1 through October 31, 2022
- Offering 031 - November 1 through November 30, 2022
- Offering 032 - December 1 through December 31, 2022
*ASHA CEU paperwork will be sent to ASHA within 15 days of the closing of an offering. Individuals who pay for the ASHA CE Registry should allow one month for the CEUs to show up on their transcripts.
Individuals who need continuing education credit, but do want ASHA CEUs should complete the quiz only. Once the quiz has been received, participants will be emailed a Certificate to use for documentation of continuing education.
Participants must receive an 80% or higher on the quiz to receive CEUs. When filling out the ASHA CEU Participant Form, please leave the date blank. The CEA will fill in the date before sending to ASHA. Please note the dates of the course offerings on the ISHA website. Your CEUs will not be submitted to ASHA until the last date of course offering in which you completed the webinar. After the CEA receives your paperwork, you will receive an email with a Verification of Attendance form within a week.