In Recognition: October 2023
- Tricia Larkin, a speech-language pathologist, instructor, and clinical educator at Illinois State University, was recently awarded the University Distinguished Service Award. This is the highest non-faculty award given by the University.
- Dr. Treasyri Williams Wood, clinic director and clinical assistant professor at DePaul University, was the awarded the 2023 Coleman Center & Chair Fellows Award.
- Kristin Chmela, owner and director of Chmela Communication Center, was a top honoree in the category of Brilliant People’s Choice for the West Michigan Woman. This honoree was based upon Kristin’s work with Camp Shout Out, which is held in West Michigan. WoodTV ran a story about Camp Shout Out, which can be viewed here: https://www.woodtv.com/abc4/maranda/ymca/a-unique-camp-experience-for-children-who-stutter/
- Kristin Chmela, owner and director of Chmela Communication Center, has been selected as a speaker for TEDX Talk Arlington Heights this fall.
- Judith Ball, clinical associate professor at Midwestern, recently earned her 18th ASHA Award for Continuing Education (ACE).
- Midwestern University’s NSSLHA (IL) recently was awarded Gold Status. This is the chapter’s eight Gold Status recognition in a row. Judith Ball serves as the chapter advisor.
Dr. Meredith Baker-Rush published two book chapters in a new text titled, Simulation Based Learning in Communication Sciences and Disorders: Moving from Theory into Practice. Dr. Baker-Rush wrote Chapter 3 titled, Simulation for Clinical Education in Communication Sciences and Disorders in conjunction with faculty at the University of Central Florida and served as sole author of Chapter 8 titled, Research and Advocacy. The book in its entirety included contributing authors recognized as communication sciences and disorders specialists from across the continental United States and Australia. The text is titled Simulation - Based Learning in Communication Sciences and Disorders: Moving from Theory to Practice. (2023). Carol Dudding and Sarah Ginsburg are the editors. Publisher: Slack Incorporated. Thorofare, NJ. ISBN: 978-1-63822-000-8
If you, your colleague, or friend is recognized for their work within the professions, please let ISHA know at firstname.lastname@example.org in order for the association to recognition their achievements!