Student Involvement Committee
Candace M. LaPrairie, Chair
The committee is responsible for increasing student involvement and participation in ISHA. The Student Involvement Committee also works to increase the visibility of student members within the association.
Student Involvement Committee 2020-2021 Committee Goals
- Increase the number of student members in the association
- Increase recognition of student members
- Increase active involvement of student member volunteers in the association
Indicators of Success:
- Increase number of student members of ISHA by 20%
- Retain 80% of student ISHA members annually (i.e., 2020-2021 year)
- Increase the number of universities represented by ISHA student members and volunteers
- The Student Involvement Committee will feature NSSHLA, SAA and student article pieces in ISHA Newsletters, to increase student acknowledgement and participation in ISHA news.
- Increase student recognition in the ISHA Newsletter by writing more Spotlight articles and highlighting student successes.
- Increase student interest in the ISHA Newsletter by featuring “tips” blurbs (i.e., 5 Tips for Taking the Praxis, Interview Tips, etc.)
- The Student Involvement Committee to set up booth at the 2021 ISHA Convention to welcome student questions and inquiries about the Committee and the association.
- The Executive Board and Student Involvement Committee will increase ISHA’s visibility to students by advertising more at NSSHLA Chapter functions.
- Increase ISHA visibility to students by advertising more at University functions.