Billing & Reimbursement Committee
The purpose of the Billing and Reimbursement Committee is to address the specific concerns and issues related to Medicare, Medicaid, private health plans and coding for reimbursement, encountered by ISHA members as they deliver services across settings. The Billing and Reimbursement Committee will address advocacy of the professions in terms of reimbursement, including the value of a procedure.
- Kristin Chmela, Co-Chair
- Stefanie O'Donnell, Co-Chair
- Kimberly Pritikin
- Valerie Brosius
- Danila McAsey
- Tricia Larikin
- Lacey Peters
- Susannah York
- Jessica Wacker
2023-2024 Committee Goals
- Focus area- Membership Recruitment and Retention: Maintain an active committee inviting and recruiting members, including speech pathology and audiology students, such that the committee consists of at least 10 members by Convention, February 2024.
- Focus area- Continuing Education/Professional Development: Propose topics and recruit speakers to provide continuing education sessions at the February 2024 Convention targeting reimbursement, coding, Medicare and Medicaid.
- Focus area- Communication, Advocacy, and Quality of Service: Provide information to ISHA members on billing, coding, and reimbursement/appeal issues via newsletter, website, and/or social media at least 3 times per year and develop a communication plan for informing the membership of the purpose and ongoing work of the committee via newsletter submissions and on-line posts.
- Focus area- Advocacy and Communication: Communicate at least annually with ISHA STAR, SEAL and StAMP regarding billing, reimbursement, advocacy efforts, and legislative issues.