Ethics Education Committee
Michelle Zemsky Dineen, Committee Chair
Laura A. Wilber
The Ethics Education Committee of ISHA strives to educate members regarding issues that support ethical practice in speech-language pathology and audiology and serves to inform members of proposed and/or approved modifications to the ASHA Code of Ethics and the impact on professional practice.
Ethics Education Committee 2021-2022 Committee Goals
- Provide education regarding changes to ethics documents governing the practice of speech-language pathology and audiology in Illinois, or of a national body, related to ethical practice.
- Provide professional resources to practicing Speech Language Pathologists and Audiologists to aid in understanding, avoiding, or resolving ethical issues and/or expanding members’ understanding of ethics in professional practice including contributions to social media updates, quarterly newsletter contributions, and annual presentation by committee at annual conventions.
- Promote awareness of ethics for current and future professionals via student day, speaker suggestions, and submitted sessions as appropriate; and recognition of convention attendees who ask ethics-related questions in non-ethics sessions.
- Provide community support by acting as a resource to the local and state-wide communities in which we serve re: ethical questions and or concerns in the practice of Speech Language Pathology and Audiology and responding to 100% of inquiries.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with NSSLHA and other committees via publications and/ or projects to facilitate infusion of ethical content within a broader context.